A persona constitutes the combined characteristics of users rolled into a fictional character.
Based on field research, observations and interviews we create a well-defined portrait of what each member of your target audience is like.
They put a human face on your anonymous user base and promote empathic decision-making that leads to better user experiences.
Personas help to focus decisions surrounding site components by adding a layer of real-world consideration to the conversation. They also offer a quick and inexpensive way to test and prioritize those features throughout the development process. In addition they help:
- Stakeholders and leaders evaluate new site feature ideas
- Information architects develop informed wireframes, interface behaviors, and nomenclature
- Visual and Interactive Designers create the overall look and feel of the website
- System engineers/developers decide which approaches to take based on user behaviors
- Copy writers ensure site content is written to the appropriate audiences
Personas are a useful tool in the design process to help you visualize what your users are actually like.
For more information on our persona creation services: